StarCraft II Q&A - Batch 49

Recopilacion de todos esos hilos de Preguntas y Respuestas por parte de Blizzard

Re: Por fin: P&R 49!!

Notapor GeoN » Jue Feb 19, 2009 6:17 am

No se sabe nada d detalles de la reina, salvo pq puede cargar un criadero de larvas con su nueva habilidad (como ves, se tomo el trabajo de forzar al criadero a tener 15 gusanitos en espera para mutar)
GeoN
Supervisor
Supervisor

Notapor Edswor » Jue Feb 19, 2009 9:07 am

Podéis ver todas las respuestas desde el Blue Tracker de sc2Pod: http://www.sc2pod.com/trackers/blue/?id=1088
Imagen
Edswor
Mutalisco
Mutalisco

Nick Starcraft 2: Edswor.407
Battle.Tag: Edswor#2164
Raza: Random
Twitter: @Edswor

Notapor Zea » Jue Feb 19, 2009 11:10 am

Gracias Baron-Samedi por el aporte, aquí van más preguntas y respuestas. Si hay alguna repetida perdonadme, ha sido un copy paste bastante basto ;D. Si queréis ver todas las respuestas juntas y más organizadas, mirad el link del post anterior. (Gracias Edswor)

by Karune Permalink Here | Jump to post
Yesterday, 21:41

Quote:

1) Was the new infestor art looking so much like a Reaver done on purpose? Maybe a joke to all the guys asking to put the reaver back?

The Infestor has a completely new model different than the Reaver, but does coincidentally have the same shape as a Reaver. Don't forget, Reavers will still be seen in single player as well as the map editor.

Quote:

2) Terran and protoss now have abilities to both increase they're income temporarily (mules + dark pylon) as well as abilities to increase they're offensive production (reactor + warp gates). Zergs only have a production ability (mutate larvae). Are zergs getting something to fill the temporary income role? Or is the mutate larvae supposed to just pump drones to make up for that?

Being able to spawn additional larva can potentially help Zerg production quite a bit actually. Prior, when a Zerg player hatched offensive units, they were always sacrificing the creation of more drones. This ability allows more bandwidth to create even more offensive units for a big push, build more balanced with more drones and additional units, or double up on the teching effort with all drones. There are a lot of options to play with that will surely inspire many new strategies.

Re: StarCraft II Q&A - Batch 49
Yesterday, 21:41

Quote:

1) How far in tech is the dark pylon cloak?

All 3 abilities are available right when the Dark Pylon is created.

Quote:

2) Can dark pylons be used as a warp-in end that gives energy to your HT's?

Sneaking a cloacked probe and placing a pylon in the back of the enemy base for warp-ins and hidden cannons sounds like fun ^^
Yup, everything a Pylon can do, a Dark Pylon can do better :) but of course at a cost.

Yesterday, 22:40

Quote:

Are queens still unique? What about motherships?

What tier are the lurkers? Are they still late-game units?

Are hydralisks still better anti-air than anti-ground? What are their damage stats?

Have a nice day, by the way :) Thanks for the huge attention you've been giving us today!

1) Neither are unique.
2) Lurkers are tier 3. The Lurker Den requires a Hive. Banelings are much better for earlier AoE, and Lurkers are a good siege type unit in addition to its previous uses. They have a range of 9 which outranges Protoss cannons and have an attack of 15 + 15 to armored (including buildings).
3) Hydralisks are still slightly better against air, with air to ground attack stats of 10 + 6 armored and ground to ground attack stats of 10, both with range 6.
by Cydra Permalink Here | Jump to post
Yesterday, 23:18

Quote:

I'd like to know how much energy the Dark Pylon has, how much those abilities cost, how long their duration is, and their CD. The energy transfer and cloaking abilities sound really cool :D

I can see a ton of potential for combing a Dark Pylon with Warp Prisms + Warp in :D. I realize all this info would be subject to change, but having that information to talk about would be great :D

Dark Pylon has 200 energy.
Proton Charge costs 50 energy and lasts for 30 seconds.
Null Shied costs 50 energy. No cool time, as long as you have enough energy, you can use this ability.
Argus Link drains 75 energy per second from the Dark Pylon.

Today, 00:22

Quote:

Also... Does the infester move at the same speed when burried or is it slower? does it move faster when burried on the creep?

Infestor moves slower when burried. And all Zerg units moves faster on the creep.

[ Post edited by Cydra ]
Today, 00:32

Quote:

Does the Dark Pylon's and Orbital Command abilities have a cast range or can they be casted on the entire map??

Dark Pylon's abilities has a cast range.
Orbital Command's abilities technically don't have a cast range, since MULEs can be dropped any place on the map and Extra Supplies only can be dropped on the Supply Depot. And as you know, Scanner Sweep can be used on the any map location.

Today, 01:00

Quote:

1) Does these new awesome abilities replace that weirdo gas mechanic that no one liked or are both in the game?

2) Did the queen lose her heal?

3) Does the dark pylon cloak lasts long enough for a probe to walk from his base to the back of the enemy base? Or long enough for an early ~3 zealot rush with a proxy dark pylon at the enemy's door to do some economic dmg before the enemy can do anything?

4) Can you cloak air units such as phase prisms?

5) Does the queen creep tumor can be build off creep or only expands existing creep?

1. Some changes for the gas mechanic.
There are still two Vespene Geysers and workers will harvest Vespene Gas until the entire gas is exhausted. Once the gas is depleted, workers will stop harvesting gas, which means there is no deplete gas mining like the original StarCraft.
2. Queed doesn't have a heal ability.
3. Target unit only can be cloaked for a short time.
4. Yes, you can cloak air units through Null Shield.
5. Creep Tumor only can be created on the creep.

* All contents in the current build still can be changed.

[ Post edited by Cydra ]
Today, 01:05

Quote:

How advantagous would it be to have 2 or 3 Dark Pylons next to your workers to constantly vitalize their efforts? Is that possible?

Also, for Terran Mules, can they mine a mineral patch with an SCV simultaneously? Or will they have to wait their turn? Do they carry the same minerals as an SCV or more or less?

85kxsrd

1. It is possible.
2. MULEs can mine a mineral field with a SCV simultaneously. MULEs carry more minerals than a SCV.

Today, 01:06

Quote:

Is there any chance of the dark pylon being renamed? Between the dark templar and dark obelisk, I think the 'dark' prefix is a bit common. Plus, a little story nitpick, it just seems odd that the dark templar would design a better pylon than the khalai.

Does the null shield work on buildings?

Love the new models. The overseer pic kinda confused me, since the new one is on the left. The overlord's new glowing sides are just fantastic. Maybe it was mentioned previously, but I hope the overseer's eyes move.

You can't use Null Shield on the structures.

Today, 01:09

Quote:

are the HP/shields of the dark pylon the same as those of the regular pylon?

are there any intentions to give regular pylons abilities so that to make them more attractive (since as you said, dark pylons do everything best for only 50 additional minerals)?

Dark Pylon has 200 Life and 100 Shieds, but Pylon has 200/200 Life/Shields.
So Dark Pylon can be destroyed little bit easier than Pylon by enemy units.

Today, 01:13

Quote:

Karune, does the proton charge ability affect gas collection in any way, or does it only affect minerals?

It only affects minerals.

Today, 01:20

Quote:

1. Can Argus Link be set to auto-cast? or: Can I right click it from another unit to access this? (I have a High Templar selected and right click the nearby Dark Pylon for mana, much like a moonwell in WC3)

If both are no then I suggest this :)

2. Also, as someone else mentioned...will it be possible to say like set up about 3-4 dark pylons around your gatherers and (assuming you are macro-intensive enough) constantly switch between them and keep the field up?

3. Does the effect on the probes only work for minerals, or vespene gas as well?

1. You can right click Dark Pylon from High Templar for energy.
2. Possible.
3. Only for minerals.

Today, 01:22

Quote:

Yes, i know, but Cydra has said "All zerg units", and that could be changed, specially counting with the new harvesting improvements for terran & protoss. That's why i´ve asked.

Not for Drone, sorry for the confusion.

Today, 01:23

Quote:

Tell us more about this Queed unit! We're all excited to know about new units in SC2!

Sorry for my typo.
There is no Queed unit! ;)

Today, 01:25

Quote:

Is 50 energy the initial amount out of a new Dark Pylon? I think it'd be nice if Dark Pylons didn't power, but still supplies and has a smaller-than-pylon-power passive cloak field ^-^

That way you can't exactly Proxy DPylon with Warp-In as well.

-Psi

Yes, the initial amount of energy is 50.

Today, 01:31

Quote:

That's surprising, cause this screenshot ( http://www.battle.net/images/misc/09-02 ... Target.jpg ) shows clearly a probe carrying gas (or a green cube which i assume is gas) with those funky animation effects...

Does that mean that gas-harvesting probes receive a movement speed bonus, but not a harvesting speed bonus? or dont they get any bonus at all?
Not that there'd be a huge difference, considering the limiting factor is not assimilator-to-nexus-time but instead the time-inside-assimilator; however it would affect in situations where you're microing your probes to escape from a harassing attacker.

Can you please confirm this? Many thanks as usual ;)

PS: notice my signature!

Because Proton Charge is AOE ability, all Probes within the ratio will be affected. However Probes that have an additional charge gather additional minerals per trip. It is not like movement speed bonus or harvesting speed bonus.

Today, 01:33

Quote:

Don't worry, i just wanted to be sure, Thanks a lot :)

Btw... another question (i'm so sorry now :P). So, now when a geyser is depleted, the workers stop their work, but... the "recharge" of the geyser stills in the game? or when the geyser is depleted you're forced to search for a new one?

Again, thanks :D

Thanks for saying that!

No 'recharge' of the Geyser, and you need to find another one with your expansion.

Today, 01:38

Quote:

Cydra, can you tell us how the Calldown supply ability actually works?

1)How much does it cost?

2)How much supply does it grant?

3)Can depots that have additional supply called down still drop into the ground?

4) Is the extra supply permanent or temporary?

Thx, You guys have made my day!

1. Calldown Extra Supplies costs 50 energy.
2. Extra Supplies increases the supply output by 2.
3. You can still lower/raise your Supply Depot after calldown Extra Supplies on it.
4. It is permanent and looks different from the Supply Depot, which means you'd better take out this Depot first when you attacking the enemy Terran base. ;)

Today, 01:45

Quote:

Aw, so the Assimilator/Extractor/Refinery will be left unattended? Question: Can you construct vespene harvesting building on a depleted geyser?

Vespene's been turned into a finite resource now :O

-Psi

They will be left unattended.

No, you can't construct a harvesting building on a depleted Geyser. And you can find the different graphics for the depleted Geyser, it turns into more red color.
Zea
Antiguo Colaborador
Antiguo Colaborador

Nick Starcraft 2: Android
Battle.Tag: Android.795
Raza: Zerg
Twitter: JorgeCastilloPr

Notapor Zea » Jue Feb 19, 2009 11:33 am

now when a geyser is depleted, the workers stop their work, but... the "recharge" of the geyser stills in the game? or when the geyser is depleted you're forced to search for a new one?

No 'recharge' of the Geyser, and you need to find another one with your expansion.

O_O No sabía que habían quitado la mecánica del gas que teníamos.
Zea
Antiguo Colaborador
Antiguo Colaborador

Notapor Baron_Samedi » Jue Feb 19, 2009 11:52 am

Si buéno, yo extráje y posteé lo que me parecía más conveniénte, por ejemplo, la mecánica del gas no la daté, lo había leído en una ocasión distínta.
Baron_Samedi
Mutalisco
Mutalisco

Notapor Zea » Jue Feb 19, 2009 2:28 pm

Anjhu! respecto a lo que tu decías, la mula no ayuda a coger mineral a los curreles, ella misma lo porta. Es capaz de llevar más cantidad, y de coger mineral de una beta que a la vez está siendo usada por un curro, según dicen las preguntas xd.
Zea
Antiguo Colaborador
Antiguo Colaborador

Notapor Lon-ami » Jue Feb 19, 2009 8:27 pm

La mula es el padre de los currelas, pro decirlo de alguna manera :P.

El escudo nulo, si dura poco, la verdad, lo encuentro inútil...

Para invisibles tienes a los DT, y no creo que alguien se dedique a hacer micro para un ejército invisible con estos pilones.

Espero que la carga de protones tenga autocast y que sea unitaria en vez de de zona, o va a ser una rallada :S.
Imagen
Soy un producto de vuestra imaginación colectiva y, por lo tanto, no me responsabilizo de nada de lo que no quiera responsabilizarme.
Lon-ami
Acechador Zerg
Acechador Zerg

Nick Starcraft 2: Lonami.315

Notapor Zea » Jue Feb 19, 2009 8:34 pm

A que mola mi nuevo avatar. Se lo he robado a Cydra del foro de bnet ;D;D;D Hydralisk rooooolZ
Zea
Antiguo Colaborador
Antiguo Colaborador

Notapor Baron_Samedi » Vie Feb 20, 2009 12:06 am

Lon-ami escribió:Espero que la carga de protones tenga autocast y que sea unitaria en vez de de zona, o va a ser una rallada :S.

Por ahóra, o seleccionas tus própios Probes, o no furúla.
Baron_Samedi
Mutalisco
Mutalisco

Notapor Zoator » Vie Feb 20, 2009 2:08 am

Me ha gustado mucho este PyR, nuevos cambios, tanto visuales (parecen de plastico las hydras... me gire para ver la mia que tengo en el armario y todo xD), pero esta muy lograda la mejora ^^.

Añadidos a las clases, las de lso terran me gustan, dan uso a los Drop Pods que quitaron, y la de recursos, nose, una drop pod que da recursos a cambio de energia? jorl, o tiene un CD/coste alto o nose, peor es un boost a la hora de sacar unidades si estas en una situacion critica :P

No hablo de las demas razas por que me interesa mas los Terran, pero bueno... a ver si nos ponen que los Thor se construyen de nuevo por VCEs!! :D
Zoator
Fantasma
Fantasma

Raza: Terran

AnteriorSiguiente

Volver a Archivos Q&A